In 1907-1908, the house appears to have been owned by M L P Jardine.
The building is believed originally to have been built around 1800, in a Georgian castellated style. However it was substantially altered in 1907-1908 to designs by Sir Robert Lorimer, a leading Scottish architect of the period, who later designed the Scottish National War Memorial in Edinburgh Castle.
The building’s setting was altered in the mid 20th century by the construction of Marine Drive which passed close to it.
It has been in commercial use in recent years, and briefly acted as a temporary Police Station while the building at Drylaw was being upgraded.