Holy Cross Academy
This school was situated on Ferry Road, near to the junction with Craighall Road.
The school originated in 1907, and used buildings already on the site. There were both primary and secondary classes. New buildings were constructed, starting just before World War II and completed after the war, in 1950.
|1938-1950||E J Macrae|
The primary classes moved to a new building nearby in 1964.
The secondary school closed in 1969, when it was amalgamated with St Anthony’s and relocated to St Augustine’s School.
The building was then used as an annexe for Ainslie Park, and later as by Telford College. It was then demolished and houses were built on the site, forming the development called New Cut Rigg.