St David᾿s RC Primary School
This school was set up in 1937, and initially used the former Granton School at West Granton Road. It became too small for the increasing number of pupils, and a new building was constructed at West Pilton Place, which was better located for the majority of the pupils. The schoolmoved to West Pilton Place in 1951-1952.
This school relocated to a new building in 2002 and shares a site with Pirniehall Primary School. This building, and the adjacent building for Pirniehall, were built under the Public Private Partnership scheme (PPP).
After St David’s School moved, the West Pilton Place building was demolished and used as the site for the present Forthview Primary School.
The school celebrated its seventieth anniversary in May 2007 with a visit by Cardinal Keith O’Brien.
|2002||(PPP – Amey Miller)|