St David’s Episcopal Church
Name and Denomination
|Original Name||St David’s Episcopal Church|
|Original Denomination||Episcopal Church of Scotland|
|Present Name||St David’s Episcopal Church|
|Current Denomination||Episcopal Church of Scotland|
Design and Construction
|1939||Harold O Tarbolton|
Some of the clergy
|2008||Rev David Durie|
Although designed in 1939, the church was not ready for use until 1941. It was run for some years by Franciscan friars. The church is also known as ‘St David of Scotland’.
Next to the church was St David’s House, built to house the minister. It was later used by Franciscan Friars who called it ‘The Friary’. The adjacent church hall and the Friary were sold in recent years to the local medical group and demolished to make way for the Crewe Road Medical Centre.
The church forms part of the Scottish Episcopal Church Diocese of Edinburgh.