Newhaven Parish Church
Name and Denomination
|Original Name||Newhaven Parish Church|
|Original Denomination||Church of Scotland|
|Present Name||Newhaven Parish Church|
|Current Denomination||Church of Scotland|
Design and Construction
This church has remained as a Church of Scotland since construction. In 1843, as elsewhere in Scotland, some members of the congregation left the church and joined the newly formed Free Church of Scotland. After some years the new congregation built Newhaven Free Church. Eventually the congregations re-united in 1974 and decided to use this building at Craighall Road. This church has also been known as Newhaven-on-Forth Parish Church.
The church was extended in 1899.
Follow the link to Information about Building below for more details.
In 2006, the main church building was converted into flats and the former church hall behind was made into a modern multi-purpose space which is used among other things for Sunday worship.
Some of the Ministers
|1952||Rev John L Douglas, B.D.|
|1960||Rev R W Bruce, M.A.|
|1974||Rev R W Bruce, M.A.|
|2008||Rev Peter Bluett|